[SOLVED] BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it's due to rights issues
The BBC is currently only available to those who are inside the UK, it runs a check against your IP (internet address) and determines where you are in the world. If it finds out you are not in the UK, you will get the error:
"BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it's due to rights
Reasons why you're getting the error
The BBCs internal IP lookup system will return this error, if you're failing to pass one of its checks:
- You are physically outside the UK, on holiday in Spain or visiting family in the US?
- You are using a VPN, even if you are in the UK.
- Your VPN has been detected by the BBC, this error means your provider is failing to bypass the servers. In this case you need to switch provider.
How to fix the error
The solution is to reroute your connection through British proxy servers, this is excatly what Beebs does, bypassing the rights issues.
- You need to be using Google Chrome, download & install this internet browser.
- Install Beebs. (Or click the button below)
- Beebs will automatically refresh your browser & reroute your connection to the UK.
Beebs acts as UK proxy that is automatically implemented when accessing British sites, when you make a request to the BBC, Beebs will reroute it through our servers in London, no matter where you are in the world.
Want to watch British TV from anywhere?
Simply install the Beebs extension